Ko-Fi

Wednesday 27 October 2021

Autumn 2021

All across the northern hemisphere Autumn is upon us, trees are changing colour by the day as they prepare for their winter hibernation. This is a magical time of year as the last display of colour of the year both amazes and mesmerises photographers. I haven't been able to get out this week so it's a week off to recharge and hopefully return next week with some colour film photo's of the local woodland which has already begun to change. 

I always try to take a DSLR with me when out with my film camera, mostly for trying compositions
. I would normally take my Nikon D90, but on this occasion I took my Nikon D700 as I hadn't used it for a while. I also put my Tamron adaptall 2 28-70 f/3.5-4.5 lens on as I have got used to using manual lenses on my D90 and figured I would keep it up.

It was during the course of my walk that I remembered why I bought my D700. It is hands down one of the finest DSLR's ever made. It forgives mistakes with a dynamic range that can pull detail out of a highlight or a shadow with an ease that made it a legend amongst Nikon photographers. There was an awful lot of professional photographers that used the D700 as a second camera on shoots and some who used it rather than the flagship D3 that cost twice the price of the D700.

The pro's loved it but it is the multitude of serious enthusiats like myself who bought the D700 second, third or sometimes fourth hand that have kept a good supply of D700's relevant in the age of mirrorless cameras with ever increasing megapixel sensors. The D700 does one thing, (one ping only, Vassili) It takes photographs and by eck it does it very well indeed. My photography improved enormously when I purchased my D700, it opened my eyes. 

Here are a few digital shots I took when out and about with my Nikon D700. I have put the full resolution images in an album on my Flickr account that you can view via the link below. I hope you enjoy them.

Autumn 2021









2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get out to Sandringham again soon. Autumn colours are appearing. 😏📷

    ReplyDelete

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...