Ko-Fi

Wednesday 3 November 2021

Frugal Film Project 2021 - October

 I decided to have a change of camera for October and use my FED 2 for this month's Frugal Film Project roll of Kodak ColorPlus 200. After getting some favourable results in B&W with it earlier in the year, I wanted to see how it performs with colour film. I have got used to the lens it came with, an Industar 26m 50mm f/2.8, despite it not being in great shape mechanically. The grease has hardened over time and it is a bit lumpy to say the least, but optically it's decent.

October wasn't the greatest in terms of weather, it stayed pretty warm and rained a lot and this resulted in autumn being a little late this year. The local woodland nature trails are usually well on their way to being full of leaf litter and the trees becoming bare by the end of October, but nope, not this year. It was late in the month before we even got a good change of colour from the dense green foliage the trees displayed throughout the spring and summer. Undeterred I headed out on a dry day in mid October to see what I could find.

I decided to head to town and try to take a photo of Wigan Little Theatre, the home of Amatuer Dramatics in the town since WW2. There aren't many independent theatres left in Britain, but Wigan Little Theatre has managed to confound critics for decades and remain independent thanks to the hard work of everyone involved with it. Although the Pandemic has seen an enforced break for the theatre, they are already planning their return with a traditional Pantomime, Dick Whittington in December. He's behind you! Oh no he isn't! Oh yes he is! With much slapping of thighs, cross dressing and terrible jokes.

There wasn't much else in town that inspired me so I headed home and a few days later went for a walk around the the local farm roads to see if autumn had begun yet. Thankfully some of the trees had begun turning various shade of yellow, orange, gold and brown as they slowly prepared for their winter sleep. With autumn being late this year it seems as though the year has dragged on. However, there's only two more rolls of film to go in this year's Frugal Film Project and it doesn't seem all that long ago when I was shooting my first roll back in January.

Here are a few of my photo's for October and I have placed more in my Frugal Film Project Colour Album on Flickr for you to enjoy them in full resolution. I have also begun DSLR Scanning my film so the quality will improve as i become more accomplished at it. I enjoyed using my FED 2 this month and had to learn to use a light meter again after a couple of years of having reliable in camera light metering. This project has been a great lesson for me and I might just carry it on in 2022.

Frugal Film Project 2021 - Colour Film









No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...