Ko-Fi

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Agent Shadow 400 - A Kickstarter campaign from Kosmofoto.com

 Cast your minds back to the beginning of May 2021 and you might remember a blog post telling you all that I got published on the Casual Photophile website, the brainchild of James Tocchio an avid film photographer and writer based in the USA. Well, it has happened again and this time I got to do something I never thought I would ever get a chance to do. Try out a pre release sample roll of a brand new film.

Agent Shadow 400 is currently a kickstarter campaign from Kosmo Foto, the website that brought us Kosmo Foto Mono 100 film in 35mm and 120 medium format. Website owner Stephen Dowling has been planning to release a 400 speed b&w film to compliment  Kosmo Foto Mono 100 and, as he has done with that film, put his own little spin on the packaging and presentation of the new film sourced from one of the most respected film manufacturing companies currently thriving in the midst of the digital revolution.

If you think buying a re-branded film isn't for you, think back to the golden years of Film Photography. All the film manufacturing companies supplied every last high street Photo Store from multinational conglomerates to small "Mom and Pop" stores that once thrived in every town and city around the world. Kosmo Foto has been playing a part in rebuilding that once thriving business model and I whole heartedly support it.

Agent Shadow 400 is a nod to Film Noir in both styling and exposure latitude. It evokes images of spy thrillers of the cold war and is as at home in low light at iso 6400 on dark back streets lit by a lone street lamp as it is
at iso 400 on an average cloudy afternoon in the north west of England. Stephen has always loved the Film Noir aesthetic and for the kickstarter the film is accompanied by a Graphic Novel titled "The 36 Frames" that tells the story of Agent Shadow being pursued through the night time streets of an unnamed city by mysterious assailants.

Those who back the kickstarter at Agent Shadow Briefcase Box level will receive 5 rolls of Agent Shadow 400 and the Graphic Novel in a special presentation box that looks like a briefcase. One that you may expect to find secret documents in. I have personally backed it at this level and really want this kickstarter to be a success. Not because I want my posh presentation box of goodies, but because I genuinely like and share Stephen's passion for film and his desire to share it with the Film Photography Community. He has put a lot of thought into this and has done a great job of it.

Here's a few of my favourite photos from my roll of Agent Shadow 400 and I have placed all my photos in an album on my Flickr account. You can read more about my experience of shooting Agent Shadow 400 and the technical gubbins of this film by visiting Casual Photophile. Also please read the product release article on Kosmo Foto and get involved in the Kickstarter which runs through to July 20th 2021 using the links below. Backing this film is supporting two film photography businesses that care passionately about our chosen art. That, in my humbe opinion, can only be a good thing and long may it continue.

Flickr Agent Shadow 400
casualphotophile.com/Kosmo Foto Agent Shadow Review
Agent Shadow 400 Kickstarter campaign
kosmofoto.com











No comments:

Post a Comment

Dead Hands Cameras - 5 Cameras you will have to pry from my cold, dead, hands

An article that Alex Luyckx published on his excellent blog caught my eye and immediately grabbed my attention. A few fellow bloggers were h...