Ko-Fi

Wednesday 30 June 2021

Frugal Film Project 2021 - June

My final roll of Fomapan 200 for this years Frugal Film project is a little different to the rest. I finally got the confidence to use my Agfa Isolette 1 and shoot Fomapan 200 in 120 medium format. It's not easy learning a new skill, it takes a fair bit of persistence and it made my brain hurt, but I think I managed to do it justice.

I'm still not perfect with the Agfa Isolette 1, it's a basic viewfinder folding camera with  zone focus and you would think it would be a doddle, but my memory isn't great. I keep forgetting the method I have tried to learn and the odd double exposure sneaks in. It's not all bad, I have got some rather nice images from an almost 70 year old camera and have managed to put my toe into the world of medium format photography.

I had always thought about giving medium format a try, but never had the cash for a camera until the Photography Gods smiled upon me. I have been making the most of the generosity of my dear friends who gave me the camera and hopefully bringing a smile to their faces with my efforts. I'm currently ten rolls of 120 into it and the old saying about your first ten rolls of film seeing your quickest progress has certainly rung true for me.

Here are just a few of my images from my roll of Fomapan 200 and I have also placed my images into my Frugal Film Project album on Flickr so you can view them in all their glory. The only problem I have with this film is the banding on some of the images. I have no idea what caused it, the camera is light tight and I have taken care to cover the little red window with  piece of tape as well as slide the little door closed. Any tips on what caused it are gratefully received.

I have really enjoyed taking part in the Frugal Film Project 2021, six months with one film stock has taught me a lot and improved my skills as a photographer. July sees me begin my colour film and I have chosen a favourite of mine, Kodak ColorPlus 200. I will also be opening a new album for my colour films as I felt it was good to keep them separate. My B&W shots can certainly stand up for themselves and I learned a heck of a lot about Fomapan 200 along the way. It was a challenge to get anything in the winter, but it really came alive during the spring. I hope you enjoy them and you can visit my Flickr album via the link below.

Frugal Film Project 2021 B&W Album



  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...