Ko-Fi

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Goodman Zone and Rollei Superpan

 This week I managed to get out and about with my Goodman Zone. I haven't touched it since I shot a roll of Ektachrome with it in August, so I made a point of making that right. A bright Sunday afternoon made my choice of film easier as it was asking for a roll of Rollei Superpan 200, which I duly loaded into my RB67 film back ready for an hour or two walking around the local woodland and see what was happening.

It was bitterly cold despite the sunshine as winter has well and truly arrived here in Wigan. We had a bit of snow at the start of the weekend that froze in the sub zero temperatures, thus making me a little hesitant to step out the door. However, I was determined to get out and make the most of the sunshine and boldly went forth to the woods.

I wanted to take photos at a couple of locations I visited in spring and summer and practice some compositions I hope to study in 2023. I have watched plenty of videos on my favourite you tube landscape photography channels and they have inspired me to take a year long look at my local woodland. I would use this walk as a reconnaissance and to see if I could navigate my way around in the icy conditions.

Most of the trees have all shed their leaves now, with the exception of the Beech trees that manage to hold on to their copper-brown leaves a lot longer than the rest. There's a few conifers mixed in too. When the Coal Mine that once stood there was closed and demolished the council took on the land and planted several varieties of trees which have been left to grow naturally. This has brought a rich eco system to a once industrial landscape and it's thriving.

I really enjoyed using my Goodman Zone again. I know I have neglected it of late, but I took my time and gently eased myself back into the method I had worked out earlier in the year when I was using it a lot. It still makes me think a lot more about my photography than 35mm does and that's a good thing as it has taught me to be patient. On a sunny day like this one I could afford to take my time and it paid off.

When I got home I developed my roll of Rollei Superpan in Kodak HC-110 dilution B for 6 minutes and I soon had it hanging to dry in my bathroom. I got a full ten shots with no double exposures or missed frames. Yay me! I digitised my film with my Nikon D700 and tidied the images up with Affinity Photo. Here's a few of my shots from my afternoon out and I have put them all in an album on Flickr you can visit using the link below. I hope you enjoy them.

Rollei Superpan - Goodman Zone










1 comment:

  1. I must try this one in 120!
    Having tried it in 35mm I found it really good..I'll be shooting more of it in the future, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Frugal Film Project 2024 - 35mm - March

February was almost a bust. I won't lie, I wasn't sure I was going to have anything to submit for the project when my OM101 failed a...