Ko-Fi

Wednesday 28 September 2022

Frugal Film Project 2022 - September

 September has been a tough month for me and my family, my Dad passed away after a short illness and we are all devastated at his loss. I almost didn't go out to shoot my roll of Ilford HP5 for September, I even posted an apology on the Frugal Film Project facebook page. I just wasn't feeling up to it, my photography mojo had taken a back seat to the shared grief my family and I have been going through.

I have been going through my back up rolls that I shot previously to keep my blog going. I shot one solitary roll of ColorPlus that I shared last week, hoping it would make my Dad smile as he enjoyed seeing the photos I shared here on my blog and on my social media accounts. He never saw them.

It's a bittersweet realisation that Dad will never see my photos again. I almost didn't go out this month as looking at my camera set my emotions off again, but I fought through the tears, loaded a roll of Ilford HP5 into my Pentax SP500 and headed out. I had to renew my Driving Licence which meant a trip to the Post Office and I decided to see what I could find on the way home.

With my licence renewed for another decade I set off from the supermarket where the Post Office is located and headed into town via the Wigan Pier complex. I haven't been there for a while and a walk along the canal would give me time to gather my thoughts and put the events of the past few weeks into perspective.

The tow path wasn't particularly busy, just a few folks enjoying a walk or a bicycle ride, and I found myself talking to my Dad as I made my way along the tow path. For some reason I felt at ease and I soon found my rhythmn. The light was a bit hit and miss, but that was ok, I was glad the sun was shining through gaps in the clouds and making my Sunny 16 method very easy. By the time I had made it to the town center I had finished my roll of film and headed home.

I developed my film in Kodak HC-110 dilution H, 1+63 from concentrate, for 11 minutes and soon had it hanging to dry. I could see the negatives looked like they were nicely exposed and I left the film to dry overnight. I scanned the film into my PC with my trusty Ion Slides2PC 35mm scanner and to be honest that's as far as I got before my emotion took hold again. 

Here are a few of my photos from my September roll of Ilford HP5.  As always I have placed them and more in my Frugal Film Project 2022 album on Flickr that you can visit using the link below. This weeks blog is dedicated to my Dad, I know he would have enjoyed it and I hope you do too.

Frugal Film Project 2022












2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to learn that you've lost your father. May his memory be a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...