Ko-Fi

Thursday 22 September 2022

Autumn 2022

 There's a definite change just beginning in the woodland near my home, the trees are beginning to change colour as Autumn arrives here in the north. I decided to shoot a roll of ColorPlus with my Minolta X-700 and Vivitar 28mm lens to do a quick reconnaissance to try to gauge how long it would be before the Maple trees turn bright red. The autumnal equinox has passed and there's a chill in the air each morning that shows us the seasons inexorable change continues.

I wasn't looking for any specific shot as I walked the local farm roads, I just wanted to observe, but I still managed to shoot a 24 exposure roll of ColorPlus, my favourote emulsion from Kodak. My photography mojo has been on hiatus of late but Autumn always makes me keep an eye out for the blaze of colour that is beginning to make it's presence felt here in Wigan.

There are subtle changes as some trees begin to change, but Maple trees always make one last display to tell us winter is approaching and we should prepare for the cold months ahead. The trees in my local woodland remind me of traffic lights in that respect. They spend the sumer a lush green, then they turn amber and the Maple trees are the stop light. They tell me summer has passed and autumn has marked the end of a year of growth and rejuvenation. It's their time to sleep and reset in preparation for another year ahead.

I developed my ColorPlus in the last of my Cinestill Cs41 developer for 8 1/2 minutes as my developer was almost exhausted and soon had my film hanging to dry in my bathroom. I scanned it with my trusty Ion Slides2PC 35mm scanner and removed dust spots and scratches using Affinity Photo. I will post a review of the Cinestill Cs41 colour developing kit soon.

I didn't expect to get any top quality images on this walk, but there's one or two that I quite like and here they are for you to enjoy. I have placed them and more in an album on my Flickr account you can view using the link below. I hope you enjoy them.

Autumn 2022










No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...