Ko-Fi

Thursday 6 January 2022

Frugal Film Project 2021 - December

 I hadn't been as active as I wanted in December. From getting out for my November roll to the day I shot this roll of ColorPlus my photowalks have been very limited, but fear not I have not given up this blog or the Frugal Film Project. The global pandemic chucked another variant at us and it led me to become a hermit to such an extent that I seriously considered hibernating in my man cave for winter. However, I have been reminding myself of the need to finish the project and shot a roll on a couple of recent walks when the weather was reasonable and have finally completed my Frugal Film Project 2021 December roll of Kodak ColorPlus 200.

I shot this roll on two walks, the first being a walk down Wigan Lane, the main thoroughfare into Wigan from the north. Starting at the Cherry Gardens pub, I headed south into town and photographed a few buildings and landmarks along the way. I passed by a long derelict building that is to be demolished and replaced with an apartment building and the impressive sandstone entrance to Haigh Country Park, known locally as the
Plantation Gates. The rest of the roll was used around Wigan town center as I got the last of my christmas shopping. but the weather wasn't as kind to me as it was when I walked down Wigan Lane.    

Taking part in the Frugal Film project 2021 has been a great experience and I will continue to be a part of the project in 2022. I learned to love my Olympus 35RC, my "pocket powerhouse". I was confident enough to shoot December's roll using manual mode as the 35RC doesn't really need a battery unless you want to use it's auto aperture mode. I also learned the art of developing colour film and finally got that monkey off my back after a bad experience with developing chemicals in my teens. 2021 has been a very fulfilling year despite the challenge of the pandemic we all faced. I have grown so much as a Photographer this year partly due to taking part in the Frugal Film Project, but I still have a long way to go to even get near mastering this wonderful art form. Let's see how I progress in 2022.

Here's some images from my December roll of Kodak ColorPlus. I developed them at home with a Cinestill Cs41 developing kit and scanned them with my Ion Slides2PC scanner. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have taking them and sharing them with you. I have placed them in my Frugal Film Project Colour album on Flickr that you can visit using the link below. Let's see where 2022 takes us.

Frugal Film Project Colour Film



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...