Ko-Fi

Thursday 6 May 2021

Casual Photophile - I Got Published!

Since begining to write my blog I have given thought to seeing how far I can go with it. I have enjoyed writing the blog entries each week, it has kept me busy and put some much needed focus into my ongoing photography education. I have learned so much not only about my ability as a photographer, but also about the tools that I have grown to really love using. In 2020 I spent a large part of the year shooting primarily with my Nikon gear. I would reach for my F801 just as easily as I do for my D700 and head off with a roll of B&W film loaded in my F801 and happily switch between the two. Swapping lenses between them is the main attraction and one particular series of lenses have become firm favourites, my Nikkor AF-D lenses.

As I have become more skilled with my Nikon camera's I have learned a lot about their capabilities and have been trying to improve with each photo walk I do. I have a good knowledge base with which to refer to and that came to good use recently after a chat with a chap named James who owns the Casual Photophile website and F Stop Cameras in the USA. James was looking for folk to contribute to Casual Photophile with their knowledge and experience of photography, primarily film photography with some classic DSLR's for good measure.

After a few emails between us and James having a read of my blog he asked me if I wanted to become a contributor to the website. How could I refuse! I had began my blog as a means of developing my writing and
photography skills further after the closure of 100% Biker Magazine left me at a loose end. I also needed to get out of my comfort zone and stretch the old grey matter to see if I could do this without having a dear friend to help me along the way.

Blue taught me a lot about writing and how she wanted articles to look, but now I had to go it alone and take that big step into the unknown. Could a chap used to writing about motorcycles and the life he enjoyed in the biking community break into a new genre? There really was only one way to find out. I wrote an article on the Nikon lenses I have grown to love and submitted it to the website.

You can read the article by visiting
Casual Photophile - A Final Salute to Nikon's AF-D lenses
On the website there is a great wealth of reviews and opinions on camera's, lenses, film stocks and all the accessories that a photographer needs to enjoy this wonderful art form. Here are a few photo's I have taken using my Nikon cameras and lenses, I hope you enjoy them and the article I wrote. This is a new direction for My Journey Into Photography, you're more than welcome to come along for the ride.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...