Ko-Fi

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Frugal Film Project 2021 - April

 You may notice a distinct number of similar compositions this week in my Frugal Film Project roll of Fomapan 200 for April. I decided to combine a photo walk for the FP4 Party with my Frugal Film Project and challenge the old grey matter. As it turned out, I actually had two afternoons at Wigan Pier which gave me ample opportunity to concentrate on what I was doing rather than fumble about and getting mixed up. I keep forgetting my brain isn't as sharp as it once was, but at least it is better than it could have been after my stroke. Small mercies and all that. Anyway, on with the show.

The weather was a tad cloudy on the day I shot this roll of Fomapan 200 at 400 iso which did a lot to tame the highlights and I actually got some cloud definition without having to fight with it. One day I will get the right mix of cloud, sun and a flat calm canal at the same time, but until then random it is, just as mother nature intended.

The improvements to Wigan Pier are looking very impressive. I spoke last week about the refurbishment and it's progress being delayed by the pandemic which means very little has been done over winter. The buildings were made weather proof and just about all of the outdoor part is complete. However I would love to see inside as it's been many years since I have been in any of the buildings on the Pier Quarter as it is now known. When it opens for business I will try to be there with my cameras and capture the event on film.

One sad part about the Pier Quarter is one the bronze statues has been vandalised again. Vandalism is one of the signatures of a gang of yobs, destruction for kicks or shits and giggles. It saddens me as the statues are a welcome addition to the canal towpath giving ramblers a visual idea of how the Pier Quarter was back in it's hey day and the people who worked there. No wonder she looks fed up. Chains have been placed around the statue to try to secure it and stop it falling over. I hope a more permanent solution is found soon.

Enough with negativity, I really enjoy using my Olympus 35RC, it has grown on me. I have a much better understanding of rangefinders now and my skills are definitely improving each time I use it. As I mentioned earlier for a change I shot my roll of Fomapan 200 at 400 and developed it as 400 in HC-110 dilution H 1+63 for 9 minutes at 20 celcius. I am happy with how they turned out as it was definitely not a good day for using a 200 speed B&W film. This was a great learning experience and one to repeat again in the future  I will leave you with a few of my favourite images from my walk and will of course link to the album on Flickr below. I hope you enjoy them.

Frugal Film Project 2021








No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...