Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Frugal Film Project 2026 - Donkey - August

 The day after my walk around Wigan with my Hanimex 35RAS, I once again headed out with Donkey, my Minolta Dynax 4, to shoot my August SLR roll of Kentmere 400. I needed to get some DIY supplies and headed to a discount store at Robin Retail Park and took Donkey with me. I took a few shots around the The Brick Stadium as there were more tributes to Sir Billy Boston and his beloved wife Lady Joan placed by the ticket office at the Sir Billy Boston Stand. One thing is for sure, Wigan will never forget them.

I headed on to the canal that runs by the stadium and took a few photos along the way as I made my way slowly back to the town centre. I had no particular plan for the day, I was just snapping things that caught my eye on route. The sign for Savoy Timber, Wigan Pier and Trencherfield Mill all caught my attention as I wandered into town. Wigan has some unique architecture and it wasn't long before I arrived in the town centre and took my last photo on my roll of Kentmere 400 and headed home for another well earned brew.

I developed my August roll of Kentmere 400 shot with Donkey using Bellini Euro HC, 1+31 dilution B, for 6 minutes at 20 celcius and soon had it hanging to dry with my Compact roll. Again, Tigger didn't get his claws on them, thankfully. I digitised my film with my Nikon D700, Tamron Adaptall 2 90mm f/2.5 macro lens, Valoi 35mm film holder, Pixl-Latr and A5 sized led light pad. I processed the RAW files with Affinity Studio.

I am pleased with my photos this month. The overcast sky was always going to make my photos a little flat, but that's not a problem for Donkey. My Minolta Dynax 4 handled it well and gave me decent exposures. Now we head into Autumn and the final third of the year I am confident that Donkey can handle anything the weather can send our way. It's £10 very well spent.

Here's a few favourites from my August roll of Kentmere 400 shot with Donkey, my Minolta Dynax 4 for the Frugal Film Project 2026. I have placed them and more in my Fugal Film Project - SLR album on Flickr that you can visit using the link below. I hope you enjoy them.

Frugal Film Project 2026 - SLR 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2026 - Donkey - August

 The day after my walk around Wigan with my Hanimex 35RAS, I once again headed out with Donkey, my Minolta Dynax 4, to shoot my August SLR r...