Ko-Fi

Thursday 21 September 2023

Autumn Colour

 I haven't been out for a bit, it's the anniversary of my Dad passing away and it's been hitting me hard. I always try to have a plan B when my mental health takes a hit and this time it's some basic phone camera shots of Autumn Colour I have seen on my walks around my local countryside.

Never let anyone convince you a phone camera isn't good enough for snap shots, it's perfect for them. I am a self confessed happy snapper and I couldn't resist these colours as I wandered about with my film cameras that were loaded with my favourite black and white films. I wouldn't be comfy printing a high quality large print above A4 size of my phone cam shots, but for 6x4 and 7x5 size photos, it's ideal.

This selection of autumn berries was shot with my Nokia 5.3 and although it does produce a decent shot, it's on full auto with only a few changes you can make. It's literally a point and shoot and it is very good at it. It also shows why the humble point and shoot digital camera market was mullered by the Phone Camera.

Everyone has a camera with them now, which is what the camera manufacturers have been wishing we would have for just about the entire time they have been in business. The level of control you have is directly influenced by the price point your camera was sold at.

Buy a cheap phone, you get a cheap camera. Spend the equivalent of a third world country's national debt and you get a fully featured, fully adjustable and potent camera that many folks make a living from on social media etc.

Whatever phone you have, you have a camera that will give you splendid snapshots and as we are well and truly in Autumn now, it's the perfect time for capturing the riot of colour that has begun. Keep your eyes on the trees as they have their annual flourish before their winter slumber.

As always I have placed these photos in an album on my flickr account for you to view in full resolution via the link below. I hope you enjoy them.

Autumn Colours








No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 35mm

  April came around and it was the final day of the month before I was able to get out and shoot my 35mm roll of Kentmere 400 black and whit...