Ko-Fi

Thursday 5 January 2023

The Year Ahead - What does 2023 have in store for me?

 For my first blog of the year I want to have a quick look at what 2023 has in store for me. As I mentioned in my previous blog, 2022 was a good year for my photography. I learned a heck of a lot, fell in love with three cameras and completed the Frugal Film Project 2022 in the most challenging circumstances.  It was definitely a rollercoaster ride of emotions. So, what does 2023 have in store for me? it can only get better, right?

I have two cameras to review in January and February. One is a sought after workhorse and the other is a "what the heck?" camera from the late 1980's to early 1990's that didn't last long and I find out exactly why. The Workhorse has been in the care of Pierro at PPP Cameras for some TLC andis on it's way back to me as I write this blog. The "WTH?" is  being used straight out of the posh case it arrived in. I'm literally giving it a wipe with a cloth, scraping dead battery juice from the contacts, putting in some fresh batteries and a roll of film and seeing what the fuss is about.

I'm finally able to take part in 127 day! My daughter bought me a very nice Kodak Brownie 127 camera for christmas and as it was a gift and I have never shot 127 film ever, it would be rude not to use it. I have managed to buy a couple of rolls of film for it from a retailer here in the UK that I haven't bought from before. Fresh 127 format film is a little scarce, but it is being manufactured. One retailer had it in stock and they got it to me in three days between christmas and new year which impressed me more than just a tad. The first 127 day of the year is January 27th (1-27-2023 in that 'muhrica!).The others are 12th July (12-7 imperial) and December 12th (12-7 'muricah! again).

I am going to be publishing some 'Zines this year of my photos. I have been working on a review of my favourite shots from the Frugal Film Project that I am close to finishing. I also want to publish more photos I shoot through the course of 2023 with my Goodman Zone Z1. I enjoyed learning how to put a zine together in 2022 and managed to sell a few that helped me pay for a camera to be serviced. Thank you to everyone who bought one.

It wont be the only 'Zine I will be involved with. As well as publishing my own 'Zines I am also going to be involved in a collaboration to pay tribute to John Whitmore from the Sunny 16 Podcast who passed away in 2021. His family and friends spooled his stash of Kodak Double-X and named it Black and Whitmore Bananachromatic. It was sold via Analogue Wonderland to raise money for the Asthma and Lung Foundation here in the UK. We hope to add to that by shooting the rolls we bought and hopefully have enough decent shots for a zine that will be on sale at some point in 2023.

Here's a couple of photos you may not have seen in 2022 and if you fancy joining the Frugal Film Project for 2023 click the link below. It's a lot of fun and a great community.

Frugal Film Project 2023 On Facebook

My Secret Santa gift, it's exactly what I wanted

This years Frugal Film Project camera and film

Kodak Brownie 127

Beauty of a VW T2 Kombi

Frozen Fountain

It had to be photographed



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quirky Cameras - Kodak Retina 1a 35mm film camera

 It's Quirky Camera time again. This time I talk about the Kodak Retina 1a 35mm film camera. T his is a camera I purchased recently as a...