Ko-Fi

Wednesday 18 May 2022

Kodak Gold - Olympus 35RC

Recently I shot a roll of Kodak Gold in my Olympus 35RC whilst out and about. Spring has definitely been showing her colours this year and this roll of Kodak Gold was shot over a few days as I wandered about in the local woodland, the Park and around our Parish Church in town to try to capture some of that display of spring colour. Kodak Gold is a fine film to capture spring colours and paired with my little pocket powerhouse, my 35RC, it makes a great combination.

I have been using my 35RC in manual lately simply because I can. Many cameras with auto exposure modes need a battery to work, this is not so with the 35RC. Yes, it needs a battery to work in auto, but when using manual settings, the battery is just ballast. You can take it out and happily shoot in manual all day, every day. So I did.

I love my Olympus 35RC, it's small and fits in a pocket which is very handy when your other camera takes up the entire bag. I was out with my Goodman Zone trying to get used to it and having a bit of a nightmare in the process. My 35RC was a great back up camera that day and I made the most of it on that first walk around the nature trails and woodland near my home.

The next time I took it out was to try to finish the roll with a walk around Wigan Parish Church. I had gone to get some birthday cards for my grandson and whilst I was in town I took a few snapshots of the church. This is where the 35RC excels, Once I got sunny 16 in my head and figured out the settings I was using it as a point and shoot. All I did was make sure the composition was in focus and had fun.

Here in Wigan we get a lot of f/11 1/250th kind of days, but as this day was hovering around an f16 I bracketed my shots. I really didn't need to as Kodak Gold has enough exposure latitude to make the difference hardly noticeable. Once I had done the bit of shopping I had to do I headed to the Park and polished off the last few frames left on the roll. The Rhododendrons had started to flower and I had to get a shot or two.

When I got home the roll sat in my fridge for a few days as I was busy doing other stuff and after I had shot a roll of ColorPlus in a Pentax P30n I was recently given by a dear chum, I developed both of them in my Cinestill CS41 kit. Yep, that kit is still doing the business after three months as I take care to squeeze the air out of the bottles and keep it in a cool, dark cupboard. I scanned the film with my Ion Slides2PC scanner and processed the images with Affinity Photo.

Here's a few of my shots from this roll of Gold, I have placed them and more in an album on Flickr you can visit using the link below. Also if you enjoy my blog please consider giving a small donation via the Ko-Fi buttons. It helps me continue my blog. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy the photo's as much as I did taking them.

Kodak Gold - Olympus 35RC
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...