Ko-Fi

Wednesday 28 July 2021

Frugal Film Project 2021 - July on Kodak ColorPlus 200

The second half of the Frugal Film Project 2021 is upon us and everyone begins 6 months of shooting their second chosen film, in my case that film is Kodak ColorPlus 200. I began my 6 months of colour film by going to my favourite classroom, Mesnes Park here in Wigan. Summer in Mesnes Park is always bright and colourful, the Council Parks and Gardens staff make sure the flower beds are filled with a variety of plants that really do lift your spirits. Seeing nature in full bloom whilst enjoying the fresh air and bright sunshine is a joy to behold.

I have stuck with my Olympus 35RC for my colour film as I have really enjoyed using it and begun to truly understand why this camera is sometimes called a "Poor man's Leica". The lens is an absolute gem. This should be no surprise as Olympus made their name from the manufacture of precision laboratory and medical microscopes, but it continues to surprise me with every roll I shoot with it.

I have probably photographed Mesnes Park more than any other location in town, but I never tire of it. The Pavilion, the Coalbrookdale Fountain and the Lodge at the entrance are very photogenic so it's just a case of figuring out angles and light. It was mid afternoon when I took my photographs so the light was harsh, but not unusable. There is always a shadow to play with and the trees at the entrance gates helped with my photo's of the Lodge as did the Trees that cover Pagefield Mill.

I had intended to shoot half a roll on the day I went out, but it was such a beautiful day that I kind of got lost in what I was doing and before I knew it I had used the entire roll.  Not a bad thing really considering the fun I was having. I was also trying out my FED 2 that I spoke of last week and using my Nikon D90 to hunt down compositions or stand alone digital shots. It sure did keep me busy. I am not currently developing colour film at home, I popped my film into my local Max Spielmann Photo Store and let them take care of developing it for me and they scanned my film with their excellent Fuji Frontier SP3000. 

Here are a few of my photos from this roll of Kodak ColorPlus 200 and I have placed them and more in an album on Flickr which you can visit using the link below. I hope you enjoy them.

Frugal Film Project Colour Album









4 comments:

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...