Ko-Fi

Thursday 1 April 2021

Frugal Film Project 2021 - March

 Two weeks ago I spoke about shooting Tri-X in my Nikon F801 as a side to my main reason for visiting the park, shooting Foma 200 in my Olympus 35RC for the Frugal Film Project. I just can't seem to go out with just one camera these days, it's an addiction I am glad to have as it keeps me out of mischief and is healthier than booze and recreational drugs. It's legal too. Hurrah! 

For my third roll of Fomapan 200 for the Frugal Film Project I decided to go to Mesnes Park in Wigan as it is where I had my first film photography walk with my friend Owen in 2017. Four years on and much improved as a photographer, I had to document an afternoon in my favourite classroom as this months contribution to the FFP '21. I have spoken of the history of Mesnes Park here in Wigan a few times over the course of my writing and I never tire of paying it a visit. After all, it does belong to the people of Wigan and it's nice to enjoy some fresh air and greenery to soothe the soul. Cabin fever has been a problem for me over the winter and having this facility on our doorstep has been a saviour at times for many people, not just myself.

On this fine March afternoon there were a good number of folk either passing through or enjoying a seat outside the Pavillion with a coffee. There was a good number of folk walking their dogs too. One chap was busy throwing a ball for his Boston Terriers whilst another chap was trying to keep his Husky from jumping into the fountain! I've seen that before, Huskies love water, they regulate ther body heat through their paws and enjoy a paddle to cool off as at this time of year they still have their winter coat. Elsewhere in the park there were families enjoying a stroll and quite a few kids using the park as a regular route home from school.

All too soon it appeared that I had almost used my roll and I began heading home and captured a shot of the exterior of Wigan Market to finish the afternoon. Public facilities are great for exercise, a breath of fresh air and a spot of photography, especially if they have some great buildngs and a statue or two. As with the previous months I have put my best images in an album over on Flickr that I will link to below. Here's a few to whet your appetite and I hope you enjoy them.

Frugal Film Project 2021




 
 









2 comments:

  1. Great work! And looks like a fun place to shoot some cool film photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is, Jess. The Pavillion is a great place for a coffee and an ice cream too.

    ReplyDelete

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...