Ko-Fi

Thursday 11 March 2021

Spring 2021 - New Life

 Spring has dawned here in the UK, (although you wouldn't know it by the sound of the huge storm we are enjoying as I write this blog entry), and new life is beginning to show itself. I am so happy to see it too. Having been in lockdown for just about a year due to existing health woes, my wife and I are always gladdened when we see the first flowers begin to open. Snowdrops, crocus and daffodils are always bright and early and this year have been a little bit earlier due to a warm spell we had that saw temperatures around 5 degrees warmer than what we normally expect at this time of year. I am not complaining, it's been a mixed year weather wise. I have been out only a few times thus far due to our microscopic nemesis, but I tried to make the most of it this week.

I took my Agfa Isolette 1 out and shot a roll of Fomapan 200 for the Frugal Film Project, I will be talking about that at the end of the month, and I also took my Nikon D700 out to play too. I have spoken quite a lot about my Nikon D700, it is without doubt one of the best DSLR's Nikon has ever made. Fair enough it is 13 years old now and doesn't do video, but it does produce great images, even on a dull day like this one.

I visited my favourite classroom, Mesnes Park here in Wigan to get back into the swing of digital photography with my now customary AF 24-120mm D walkabout lens. Whilst not particularly busy, Mesnes Park is a very popular place and used as a thoroughfare to provide a scenic route between the town centre and the north of the town. The park staff were busy preparing flower beds and finishing the winter maintenance that every public park needs. A few hardy daffodils and a couple of early blooms were also beginning the transformation from dormant winter to vibrant spring.

One addition I found was a Wishing Tree that has been designated in the park. The idea is you place a dream catcher or some bright ribbon on the tree and make a wish. This was done to commemorate International Womens Day 2021. Given the year we have endured since the Pandemic first hit back in March 2020 this nice bit of colour made a lot of people smile, something we have all needed to do for a long time. I hope the current lockdown is eased soon so more people can visit the Park and share the joy a simple decorated tree brings. I for one welcome it

Here's a few shots from a dull afternoon at Mesnes Park, Wigan. I hope you enjoy them.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...