Ko-Fi

Friday 6 November 2020

Lockdown again....

I had to take a break from my blog. I have had a rough couple of weeks, depression is a biatch and it's hard to find the mojo when your mind is out of phase with what you want to do. I accepted it will be a part of my life a long time ago, perhaps the rest of it. The battle is constant and I am glad to have a good support bubble around me. Onwards and upwards.

Here in the UK we are in Lockdown again. Non essential stores are closed, we are asked to stay at home if possible and wear a mask whilst out and about. One good thing about this Lockdown is my local Max Spielmann Photo Store is open as it does approved/accredited photo's for Passports and Driving Licences etc. I can still get my colour film developed without having to mess about with colour film developing chemicals at home. Having a local lab to do it for me makes me happy as I can support a local business during the challenging time we live in.

Before my break I spent a couple of days walking the local nature trails and farm roads enjoying the colourful display from the tree's. I shot a lot of digital images, but I also shot 2 rolls of Kodak Pro Image 100. The two rolls were shot in totally different conditions, this blog focuses on the overcast day. I wanted to see how Pro Image 100 handles the flat light that a dull grey sky presents us with and I have to say I am not disapointed with the results.

Autumn is perhaps the most colourful time of year and a favourite of mine. Nature gives us one last display before resting for winter and reminds us that life and death are constant. We often take nature for granted and many folk will hardly notice the changing of the seasons. That's a shame as nature is the best free entertainment a person can enjoy, it's all around us and despite the best efforts of the corporate world to squeeze every last penny of profit from natural resources, nature takes it all in her stride.

I have been enjoying the local nature trails this year as I have developed my skills and learned new ones. I have seen the woodland come alive in spring, flourish in summer and regale us in autumn with a myriad of colours. I often wonder if these area's will remain untouched or will they succumb to the warming climate and abandon this latitude and migrate further north? I also wonder if future generations will see my photogaphs and not recognise the area. Time will tell, but perhaps we don't have time to do anything about it. Has the damage already been done and are we destined to a life where my local woodland will disappear? I hope not.

Here's a few photo's I shot on an overcast autumn day in October 2020 with my Nikon F801 and 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6 D on Kodak Pro Image 100. I hope you enjoy them and they inspire you to think about the beauty of nature during these unprecedented times.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I bought another Baldax....

  In my recent blog for my March roll of Ilford HP5 for this year's Frugal Film Project, I spoke of the bother I had with Baldy the Bald...