Ko-Fi

Friday 24 January 2020

My Little Fuji

 My journey into photography had a big boost with my little Fuji Finepix A700. In my first blog I mentioned how I had bought it in 2007 to document my travels and my family. Every time my grandchildren came to visit I would grab my camera and get a couple of images. I enjoy documenting their childhood, from meeting them for the first time when they were born to sharing birthdays and seeing them at Christmas, it's a wonderful time and I cherish it.

 Documenting my travels has also preserved memories of the places I have visited and the people my wife and I met along the way. I have fond memories of an epic motorcycling adventure to the Shetland Islands with dear friends and journey's with my wife to Scotland and the Lake District in the north of England. We loved getting out and about on my bike, it was something my wife and I shared that was just for us. Having a large family means our days were centred around our children, being able to get out on the bike and have some quality time together will always be treasured.

 My little Fuji also brought out my creative side. I freely admit that most of the time I was snapping away like a tourist, but occasionally I would get a wall hanger chosen by my wife. Here are a few of them and one of my happy snaps.

Esha Ness, Shetland

Orchid on Shetland
The oddest Tourist Attraction on earth?
Bobby's Bus Shelter on the Isle of Unst, Shetland Islands
My Bke is the purple one. ;)
Our Son looking out over Ullswater
from the jetty at The Inn On The Lake, Glenridding
Sailing on Ullswater
The Sea Horse at Formby Point Nature Reserve and Beach.
Somehow clinging to life despite being hammered by storms



No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Film Project 2024 - April - 120 medium format

A sunny morning in mid April gave me an opportunity to get out with my cameras and I decided to take two cameras out. I wanted to shoot my F...